Anti-aging skin treatments
Medical facials, peels, and skin treatments for a healthier, radiant glow
Here in Asheville, we’re lucky to live in a beautiful setting that beckons us to head outside and enjoy a day on the trail or by the river. But all that time out in the sun can add up. Even if you’re diligent about sunscreen use, the natural aging process still takes a toll.
If you look in the mirror and notice that your skin looks dull, dry or etched with fine lines, then it’s time to consider a little professional help. Medical grade skin treatments are designed to address common skin concerns more quickly and effectively than over-the-counter products.
With the expertise of board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Donald Conway and our highly trained, licensed estheticians, we can help you find a skin treatment that satisfies your needs. Learn more about your options below, or contact us to schedule a personal consultation.
One of our more popular skin resurfacing treatments is microdermabrasion. Rather than using chemicals or lasers to exfoliate, microdermabrasion uses a fine mist of diamond particles to mechanically slough away dull, damaged layers of skin.
Microdermabrasion requires no downtime and encourages healthy skin cell growth for a smoother, more youthful complexion. Many patients benefit from a series of microdermabrasion treatments performed every month or so; improvements become more dramatic with each follow-up treatment.
At-home facials can feel good, and many can even produce a refreshing glow. However, the results are usually very temporary—the next day, your skin is right back where it started.
Medical-grade facials, performed by a licensed esthetician, provide more thorough cleansing and exfoliation for enhanced, longer-lasting results. Among our options for facials in Asheville:
- Deep Cleansing Facial: cleanses pores & exfoliates to calm inflammation and restore a lighter feel and healthy glow
- Men’s Facial: tones and sloughs away deep-seated impurities for a healthier complexion
- Teen Facial: gently exfoliates and cleanses to calm acne and brighten the skin
Performed as a single treatment, a specialty facial is the perfect way to boost your glow for an upcoming event. Performed as a series over the course of a few months, our medical-grade facials can help you see smoother, clearer skin on a daily basis.
Chemical peels are excellent treatments to address early signs of aging and restore an overall healthier appearance to the skin. A thin layer of specially formulated acids are painted on the skin. Over several days following a peel, dull, damaged outer layers of skin exfoliate and give way to smoother, healthier-looking skin.
We offer a variety of peels, many which can be used safely on both the face and body:
- MicroPeel: a gentle, light peel that exfoliates for a firmer, brighter skin appearance with no downtime.
- Vitalize Peel: firms the skin and reduces fine lines and wrinkles for a more youthful glow. Consider a series of treatments for dramatic results.
- Jessner’s Peel: combines lactic acid, salicylic acid, and resourcinol for a medium peel that helps minimize blemishes and fine lines.
- Obagi Blue Peel: a physician-performed TCA peel using Obagi’s specialized formula for dramatic improvements in skin appearance. Requires pre-treatment prep with Obagi skincare.
To learn more about our medical skin care treatments in Asheville, please contact us! We will be happy to address your questions or schedule your appointment for a personal consultation with Dr. Conway and our aesthetics team.